Can Cockatiels Eat Dried Apricots?
Cockatiels are one of the most beloved pet birds, and it’s important to provide them with a healthy diet. There are many questions about what cockatiels can eat, and today we’re going to answer if dried apricots are safe for cockatiels.
Are Dried Apricots Safe For Cockatiels?
Yes, in moderation dried apricots can be eaten by cockatiels. Dried apricot is high in sugar so it should only be an occasional treat as part of a balanced diet. It should not make up more than 10-15% of their daily food intake. Additionally, make sure that you remove any pit or seed from the fruit before feeding your bird as these can pose a choking hazard or contain toxins that could harm your pet.
Nutritional Benefits Of Dried Apricot For Cockatiel
Aside from being a tasty treat for your bird, there are several nutritional benefits associated with eating dried apricot:
• Vitamin A – This vitamin helps promote good vision in birds and also supports their immune systems;
• Vitamin C – Eating foods rich in vitamin C helps keep birds healthy by boosting their immune system;
• Calcium – Healthy bones require calcium and this mineral helps protect against bone weakness;
• Potassium – Keeping electrolytes at proper levels promotes heart health among other things;
• Dietary fiber – Eating fiber-rich foods like dried apricot help regulate digestion which is important for overall bird health.